April 3, 2009

4/3/09 - Surgery TPLO

She has no idea what was about to happen. She was perky and happy to ride in the car. She will spend overnight but I am not allowed to visit her. This is the first time she ever has to stay overnight alone. I took some soft blankets, treats, snuggle toys, and her meds with her.

They called me at 11am and told me everything went well. She was on morphine drip so she slept all day. She is not in pain, which is a relief. 3 people called me to give me updates. It was sad not to have her at home.

View my other blog - how we got here.

Originally it was misdiagnosed by the first surgeon. We went though 4 months of rehab, shock wave treatments and the whole nine yard. Turned out I was right from the start....she had a CCL tear. So this is where our new journey begins.

No comments: