The doctor got back to me about Jazzy's gait/walk. He said based on what he saw on the videos/photos, he thought she was recoverying very well. I really hope this is only temporary... I started doing low step. I click and reward only when she uses the leg to go up, instead of hopping up. I use food as lure and click when she moves the legs separately. I also do weight bearing exercises but I can tell she is very uncomfortable. I hate this...hate to see her in pain. The worst part is I am the one who is giving her the pain during PT.
Sorry about the darkness but you can see how she points her right toes out more in this video.
It's at the lowest speed. She only walked for 60 seconds.


3 comments:
Wow, poor thing! I really do hope she starts feeling better soon... that makes me worry about putting Mickey into PT for recovery soon.. was she walking really well before she started the PT? Like, Mickey right now wants to jog and jump everywhere. I've had to teach him a "walk" command to keep him from slow jogging.. and we aren't to day 14 yet. Poor thing, I'll keep her in my prayers! Mickey will too!
Of course, she had a different surgery than Mickey, so that could also be the difference. I hope all goes well!
Sorry I didn't see this until now. Yes, she was walking REALLY well before PT. My vet continues reassuring me that it's normal. I just hate seeing her in pain. Thanks for the prayers :)
Post a Comment