
10 days post surgery. I took her to have her staples removed. The doctor was impressed with the healing progress on her incision and how she bears her weight. If she is walking slowly, you would never know she just had a surgery. She can now have a much needed bath, and have a cone-free life.
Activities for the next 6 weeks
I asked him how paranoid I need to be as far as her activity is concerened. If I have to, I can be as paranoid and strict as he wants me to be. But I'd love to give her more freedom if possible. The doctor told me to let her be in the house but I was worried about her jumping onto the couch and the beds. His response shocked me.
He said that I could start walking her 5-10 minutes per day (multiple times okay). Trotting, stairs, sit-down push ups, leaning out of the car window, occasional jumping on the couch are all okay. He also told me I could start doing rehab with her. I wanted to use a large portable pool instead of taking her to rehab pool once a week. He said that I could do that as long as she walked in a large circle slowly. Fill the pool to her shoulder. He told me to wait on this exercise for another week. I've read everywhere that all these exercises should be added at 8 week post surgery. I reminded him that it's been less than 2 weeks. He said that Jazzy's bone is already starting to heal and that the plate is already being utilized. I'm not going too crazy with the stairs and rehab just yet but I feel comfortable enough to add the leash walking daily. I thought she had to be kept quiet another 6 weeks so I am pretty excited about it.


No comments:
Post a Comment