My friend's dog is going through the same thing. She had her TPLO four days after did. Her vet is more conservative than mine. The vet told my friend not to start PT until much later. He saw the video clips I posted a few days ago and noticed a major difference in our dogs' gaits. After talking to him, I decided to take it easy on the PT for a little while. I will continue with massages, walking, slow turning, some weight bearing/mobilization exercises, one low step using the curve (will post pic later). I need to be more careful in the house and in the yard.
ETA: Adela, I noticed that she is walking better in this video too. One thing I changed was the speed on the treadmill. First time was 2.0 and this time I set it to 2.5. It might have bee too slow the first time and that could be why she was walking awkwardly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that's a good idea. :) Though, she looks better in these videos! She is such a pretty girl. My vet was very reserved in the PT as well.. I don't think I need to do as little as he wants me to. haha. We are on opposite sides of the PT world! As far as veterinary recommendations go.
Thank you for the comment :) I think she is still a pretty girl too even with the shaved leg and a bold patch on the back.
Post a Comment