Several months ago, she partially tore her CCL but it was misdiagnosed when examined (or at least that's what I believe). I knew in my heart that it was her CCL that was causing the toe touching. I did a research on CCL injury even before seeing the first orthopedic surgeon and I was prepared to schedule her TPLO surgery. He told me that her CCL was in good condition but she has an illiopsoas strain. (Note=partial CCL tears are difficult to detect from drawer test/x-rays. )He told me to put her back on anti-inflamatory meds and rest her. He told me that she might have to be on meds whenever she's sore. I was happy to hear that she didn't need a surgery but I wasn't happy about relying so much on the medication.
She never got better so I looked for a rehab facility. We went through 2 shock treatments, 4 months of serious rehab there. The hopping/toe touching never got better.
To make a long story short, it was her CCL after all. I scheduled her TPLO and LPL (knee cap) surgery for this Friday with a different ortho surgeon. Since partial tears are hard to diagnose, he will do arthroscopy prior to surgery to double check. I was so angry, upset, and sorry for Jazzy that she had to be in pain for such a long time. If she had her TPLO 6 months ago, she would have been running freely by now. I'm sure that the rehab was causing her more pain in the knee. She did everything I asked her to do. All the stairs, joint mobilization and treadmill were most likely hurting her knee all this time. I cried all day but we gotta keep going... I am ready to move forward with her. Please let this be it...
Previous blog based on the wrong diagnosis.
http://jazzypt.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment