Another trainer who teaches agility (very into back leg awareness) suggested that I let her walk over PVC pipes or flat ladder on the ground instead. Here I'm using my legs as the ladder. This is how she eats half of her dinner each night. I use luring to slow her movements. I tongue click the second she lifts the leg up. I think this helps to reinforce the use of the leg, weight bearing, and strenghten the muscle. I do this after a short walk, for about 60 seconds, followed by icing.
Shifting weight on sit
I leg her lick half tube of canned food (EVO) while I have her do a clean sit then shift the weight slightly towards the right side. I make sure her right paw and hip doesn't stick out. I tried the other weight bearing exercises but she didn't enjoy them. I'd rather do something fun for her.
1 comment:
Oh! These are both such good ideas! I especially like the "pole" work over your legs. Fun, entertaining and very useful. And your dog seems to make it even more difficult for herself by stepping sideways over it! lol. I'm going to try this with Mickey.
Post a Comment