Angle view/Speed at 2.7
Side view/Speed at 3.0
you can see her right leg extending slightly less than the left leg (use the plugs as a marker)
She walked for 7 minutes. I saw her leg lagging for a second so I stopped there.
*sorry about my fingers. Too lazy to edit them out.
Just for a comparison, here's one with speed at 2.0
(I learned that some dogs are just too uncomfortable at slower speeds on treadmill. I think that's why she walked funny two weeks ago)
Top view/Speed at 2.7
The surgery leg still pointing out
And I gotta post her cute little butt
2 comments:
She looks like she's doing good. I can see the toe pointing out as well as the lagging with the surgery leg. Also, when watching her from behind she travels close underneath herself with that right leg and has the left hind leg balanced nicely. I think its because of the toe pointing, she's twisting her entire leg and hock towards her middle weight.
I would watch as she increases her PT that she starts carrying weight evenly and straight on both legs or it might cause problems in her hips or her other knee.
Mickey does slightly the same thing, but he's much wider based than she is and probably weighs more (he weighs 50lbs). So, in a way I'm probably more cautious about it than you need to be.
Also, your girl probably doesn't do a lot of jumping and tunneling and stuff. She's more of an endurance/work am I right? She probably climbs things though. But with Mickey, if he takes off or jumps or climbs with his leg twisted in any way he'll do a lot of damage.
She looks great!
I wish I had a treadmill to video Mickey walking on. :) It'd make it SO much easier.
good observation! Those little details are hard to see in these compressed videos.
yes, more endurance than jumping and tunneling. Lots of running.
Post a Comment